Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tasting- Villa Maria Riesling Private Bin



Name: Villa Maria Riesling Private Bin
Variety: Riesling
Region: South Island (Marlborough)
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2009
Price: Normally $18 (was closeout priced at $9.95)

Winery review: As with many others at the closeout wine tasting at the Vineyard Cellar, it was hard to find a lot of reviews about the wine online.  One I did find said: Tangy Riesling in a medium/dry style with attractive floral, lime zest and chalky/mineral flavors. Strong, juicy acidity gives the wine energy and zest. Good now but with even greater potential in the medium term. And the winemakers comment from Villa Maria states: A pure and delicate bouquet of ripe citrus-lime and spring blossom aromas. The palate is beautifully balanced with intense flavours, lovely juicy length and a zest lime finish. Great on its own or with light fresh food.
 
My review: This wine was good.  It was a little too tart to me, but it had a lot of fruity flavors which I enjoyed.  It wasn't as sweet as a lot of white wines and seemed to have a bite to it.  The wine tasting went so quick, this was one wine that I starred on my paper as really enjoying, so I would definitely like to have another chance to taste it again, especially with food or having a longer time to enjoy it. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment