Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tasting- Donna Sol White Zinfandel

Name: Donna Sol White Zinfandel
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: Ceres, California
Country: United States
Year: 2007
Price: Normally $8 (was closeout priced at $4.95)

Winery review: The only thing resembling a review for this wine (it doesn't seem to be extremely popular) comes from Bacchus Wine: Voluptuous blush wine that has hints of strawberry and fresh fruit in its wide range of aromas. As the wine flows into the palate, fresh fruit and sweet cherries are evident. Ends with a smooth sweet finish. Pair with seafood (light & heavy), shellfish, pork, cheese, poultry, and desserts.

My review: I really like this wine, it was one of two bottles that I purchased at the tasting.  It is sweet with a tart and sort of tangy flavor.  I get a little bit of a strawberry taste when I sip on it, especially after the initial taste.  It also has a little bit of a burn, but it is definitely one of my favorite wines from the tasting I went to Monday.  It's not too overwhelmingly sweet like a lot of white zinfandels can be. 

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment