Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tasting- George Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau



Name: George Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay Grape
Region: Beaujolais and Beaujolais Villages
Country: France (Eastern)
Year: 2011
Price: Normally $12 (was closeout priced at $3.95)

Winery review: There were a ton of articles about this wine, but not a lot of professional reviews.  People get very excited about this wine because it is released every year on a certain date in November, so at midnight there is always a huge celebration for the uncorking of it.  The one review I did find was from Easy food and wine: Aroma is almost tacky sweet and tart, like apple hard candy.  Brightly fruity in the mouth but a little thin.  Balanced though quick finish.  

My review: I don't like that many red wines, and I've never had one that I've liked as much as I like this one.  It has a strong grape smell and somewhat of a grapey taste as well.  Moreso than most other wines I've tried.  It's got a little bit of a bite, but for the most part it's extremely sweet.  I also agree with the review that it is very fruity and I also think that it doesn't have as much as a wood flavor as many wines, especially reds, tend to have.

I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment